Pu'erh or Pu'er is a dark, fermented tea that comes from Yunann province in China. Unlike other teas, Pu'Erh can be stored in a breathable package, which will allow this tea to continue its fermentation process, changing both the taste and aroma. It is accepted that the more you age pu'erh tea, the higher its value becomes.
Ripe Pu'Erh Cake
Taste and Smell Profile
1. Flavor: Sweet with a hint of bitterness
2. Color: Black
3. Smell: Earthy and sweet
Tea Leaf Profile
4. Before Brewing: Thick and compressed
5. After Brewing: Expanded, dark in color
6. Tea Type: Pu'Erh Tea
7. Weight: 357g
8. Shelf Life: 3+ years
Tea Storage Recommendation: Store it in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
Top 7 Organic Tea Health Benefits
What are the benefits of drinking organic green, white, black, herbal or any other tea? And why choose it over a non organic and slightly cheaper counterpart?
Here are the top 7 reasons:
1. Non Organic Tea May Cause Early Death
Do you know what’s inside your tea? It’s a well-known fact many individual farmers in foreign countries are notorious for using chemicals that are banned in the US or even their own countries.
For example, one of the insecticides that many non-organic tea farmers spray is DDT (dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane), which was banned in the US more than 70 years ago! It’s a toxic chemical that causes cancer. Unfortunately, some non organic tea farmers still use this chemical and there is no way to tell which ones unless you pay for extensive product examination.
2. Organic Tea Extends Your Lifespan
Top 10 Pu'Erh Tea Benefits
It’s mind blowing that we have such an incredible variety of teas available to us. Black, oolong, green, white and of course, pu’erh.
So how exactly is this tea special and why should anyone start drinking it? Let’s find out!
1. Pu’Erh Tea Is Rich In Antioxidants
Just like many other teas, pu’erh tea also has a really healthy dose of everyone’s beloved antioxidants.
What do these antioxidants do? It would be easier to answer a different question: what do they not do? They improve your skin, prevent hair loss, prevent infections, repair damaged molecules, block metal radical production, protect your body, and so much more.
2. It Prevents Cancer
How To Brew Pu'Erh Tea?
Did you know that most pu’erh teas can be drunk between 10 to 20 times?
- Use a knife or other sharp object to cut out tea leaves from the cake. Try to remove them layer by layer to avoid breaking the cake.
- If desired, wash the tea leaves twice with hot water (20 seconds each time). The third infusion is the one you will be drinking.
- Boil the water until it’s extremely hot (210*F / 100*C).
- For every 6.7oz (200ml) of water add 0.4oz (12g) of tea leaves.
- Pour boiling hot water and let it rest for around 20 seconds.
In order to provide the best possible experience, we offer three different shipping methods.
- On average, it takes 10 to 30 business days to receive a package, which is sent by the registered air mail.
In addition to free shipping, there are also two much faster alternatives:
- EMS, which will take 4 to 8 business days.
- FedEx / TNT / DHL, which will deliver your package within 1 to 4 business days.
Please note: this excludes handling time, which is usually less than 24 hours. Due to some conditions that are not under our control (such as closed post office) it may take up to 72 hours for your package to be shipped.
If you have changed your mind regarding tea, you can return us the unopened package and we will be more than happy to give you a refund. Please contact us (with your order number) to proceed with a request.
- Weird disc tea Review by Leo L.
After I got used to the initial difference in taste, I was totally hooked! And apparently the health benefits for Pu’Erh tea are amazing. It’s bittersweet and earthy, and packed with antioxidants. Gives me way more energy than a cup of coffee, with no crash later! Yes! (Posted on 9/23/2015)
- Came in time Review by Sergey
- Thanks, AiryTea Review by AVA
The health benefits of Pu’Erh tea alone were enough to convince me to give it a shot (Google them, it’s amazing) but after getting used to having it in my daily routine, I really just enjoy drinking it enough to keep investing in having it around. Ships fast too! (Posted on 9/3/2015)