Rou Gui (also known as Wuyi Rock or Wuyi Oolong tea) is a very distinctive tea originating from Mount Wuyi in China. The translation of Rou Gui to English language is "cinnamon cassia", which is why this tea features a very interesting cinnamon flavor that is nowhere else to be found.
Spring Organic - Imperial Rou Gui (Cinnamon) Oolong Tea
Taste and Smell Profile
1. Flavor: Complex with hints of cinnamon and sweetness
2. Color: Dark red
3. Smell: Fruity cinnamon
Tea Leaf Profile
4. Before Brewing: Long, dark brown, and hard
5. After Brewing: Soft and darker in color
6. Tea Type: Oolong Tea
8. Weight: 100g
9. Shelf Life: 1-2 years
Tea Storage Recommendation: Store it in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
Top 7 Organic Tea Health Benefits
What are the benefits of drinking organic green, white, black, herbal or any other tea? And why choose it over a non organic and slightly cheaper counterpart?
Here are the top 7 reasons:
1. Non Organic Tea May Cause Early Death
Do you know what’s inside your tea? It’s a well-known fact many individual farmers in foreign countries are notorious for using chemicals that are banned in the US or even their own countries.
For example, one of the insecticides that many non-organic tea farmers spray is DDT (dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane), which was banned in the US more than 70 years ago! It’s a toxic chemical that causes cancer. Unfortunately, some non organic tea farmers still use this chemical and there is no way to tell which ones unless you pay for extensive product examination.
2. Organic Tea Extends Your Lifespan
Top 10 Oolong Tea Benefits
Oolong, semi fermented, dense and one of the most popular teas in Asia has tons of amazing health benefits that everyone should know about.
If you haven’t tried Oolong tea yet, check out our top 10 health benefits and you should see that its great taste is just one of its many properties.
1. Raises Your Metabolic Rate and Burns Fat
Studies have shown that a cup of oolong tea substantially increases your metabolic rate for up to 2 hours after drinking it.
As a result, the daily consumption of oolong tea enhances the body’s ability to burn fat and improves your overall figure. So if you want to lose weight or make yourself sexier, consider drinking a few cups of tea per day.
2. Oolong Tea Reduces Your Cholesterol Levels
How To Brew Oolong Tea?
Did you know that oolong tea can be consumed both hot and cold?
- Water is the soul of good oolong tea so make sure you prepare it correctly. Heat the water until just before it reaches boiling point (at around 180 - 200* F / 80 - 90* C).
- Add a teaspoon of leaves into your cup of choice and pour the hot water.
- Let it rest for around 1 minute and then keep tasting every 30 seconds to find a taste that you are happy with.
In order to provide the best possible experience, we offer three different shipping methods.
- On average, it takes 10 to 30 business days to receive a package, which is sent by registered air mail.
In addition to free shipping, there are two much faster alternatives:
- EMS, which will take 4 to 8 business days.
- FedEx / TNT / DHL, which will deliver your package within 1 to 4 business days.
Please note: this excludes handling time, which is usually less than 24 hours. However, if there are certain situations beyond our control (such as the post office being closed) it may take up to 72 hours for your package to be shipped.
If you have changed your mind regarding the tea, you can return the unopened package to us and we will be more than happy to give you a refund. Please contact us (with your order number) to proceed with the request.
- Best Christmas tea drink ever! And a great gift Review by Emma Brown
This tea did the trick! It’s a very complex body with just enough natural sweetness to balance out the spiciness of the cinnamon, and while it is fruity, it definitely doesn’t taste like the same old cheap Christmas teas that come around every holiday season. This one is a definite keeper. (Posted on 9/23/2015)
- It's like Big Red Tea! Review by Archie G.
- Crazy tea! Review by Crazy Ivan