Imperial Jasmine Dragon Pearl Tea Introduction
Imperial Jasmine Dragon Pearl (also known as Imperial Long Chu) is a unique green and jasmine tea combo originating from China's Fujian province. It comes in the shape of a pearl, and unfurls in water to release its flavors. Each pearl has two tea leaves and an unopened bud. Dragon Pearls are also known by the name of Yin Yang pearls because of the beautiful mix of green and white color in each delicate pearl. So not only does this tea have an amazing visual component, it is also an incredibly tasty green tea. If you’re a fan or regular green tea, but want something to spice up your tea drinking experience, Jasmine Dragon Pearl is a great choice.
Taste and Smell Profile
• Flavor: Subtly sweet with jasmine flavor
• Color: Yellow / light orange
• Smell: Blooming jasmine flowers
Imperial Jasmine Dragon Pearl Tea Profile
• Before Brewing: Round and hard, pearl like shape
• After Brewing: Pearls unfurl, becoming soft and light
About AiryTea Imperial Jasmine Dragon Pearl Tea Package
• Tea Type: Imperial Jasmine Dragon Pearl Tea
• Weight: 70g
• Shelf Life: 18 months
• Tea Storage Recommendation: Store it in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
The History of Imperial Jasmine Dragon Peal Tea
Fujian province is known for producing amazing teas like the black Lapsang Souchong, Jin Jun Mei, different varieties of oolong, white, and green tea, including the Dragon Pearls. What makes this green tea special is the jasmine scent. Iran in jasmine’s place of origin, but it traveled along the Silk Road and was introduced to China in the 4th century. The tradition of adding jasmine to green started much later, about 13th century and quickly became very popular.
Knowing where the tea that you’re drinking comes from adds another layer to the tea drinking process. Every tea has its unique story and Dragon Pearl is no exception. Its origins are actually part of an interesting Chinese myth. The story goes that a young boy got really ill and simply could not get better despite all the different treatments. His sister was very worried and desperate to help him get better. She found out about a mystical dragon that was said to aid anyone in need.
The sister was determined to save her brother and decided to find the dragon and ask for help. She went into the mountains and walked for days until she finally found the dragon’s cave which was surrounded by beautiful jasmine plants. Inside the cave, she begged the dragon to help her sick brother. The dragon rose up into the skies and produced a small drop of water. As soon as the drop reached the ground, a small bush appeared in front of the girl. The powerful dragon instructed her to care for that bush and her brother will get better. The girl did as she was told and protected the fragile bush from bad weather, never leaving it once. Small leaves began to appear on the bush and the young sister carefully plucked them and left them to dry right next to the jasmine flowers. She then decided to roll the leaves, creating small pearls. When she finally returned home to her sick brother, she brewed those jasmine scented pearls in order to make tea. As soon as her ill brother tasted the delicious tea, he got better and the sickness was gone. Although this is a legend, Jasmine Dragon Pearl has a real ability to make one feel better and it is considered to be an amazing herbal remedy.
How is Jasmine Dragon Pearl Tea Made?
The process of making this unique tea starts by picking the tea leaves in early spring. This is when the highest quality green leaves are available and they also contain white tips. The leaves go through a drying process and are then stored until jasmines flowers are ready to bloom. The jasmine blossoms are then mixed with the stored green leaves and infuse them with the scent. Now the jasmine scented green leaves are rolled to create pearls which preserve all of the amazing aromas and flavors. This process is what makes this green tea unique among all others.
Features of Imperial Jasmine Dragon Pearl Tea
The first thing that makes this tea different from all the rest is its shape. Tea in the form of small pearls is really unique which adds to the visual component of the tea. At first, the pearls are hard and compact and after you add hot water, they slowly start to unfurl and lose their hardness. It is a very nice thing to watch while you wait for your tea to steep. You will instantly smell the sweet and floral jasmine aroma which fills the room. Although you will definitely smell and taste jasmine in this tea, its scent is not overpowering, but rather subtle and sweet so you can still taste the classic green tea notes that you’re used to. This tea is suitable for drinking throughout the day and it is perfect for relaxing and relieving stress. The jasmine scent is very calming and will allow you to simply sit and enjoy your cup of tea.
Jasmine Dragon Pearl Health Benefits
Apart from being a delicious beverage, jasmine dragon pearl tea is also a very potent herbal medicine. The mixture of jasmine and green tea gives you double the health benefits that you would get in a regular tea. This antioxidant packed tea will help relieve diabetes symptoms, but it also works as prevention against this illness. If you have trouble sleeping, a cup of jasmine tea before you go to bed will have an amazing sedative effect that will put you to sleep in no time. This incredible green tea has the ability to put you in a great mood and produce a feeling of relaxation. Adding Dragon Pearl to your diet will restore your immune system which means you can forget about fatigue, low energy, and being unproductive. These are only a couple of amazing effects this tea will have on your mind and body so you make sure to try this luxurious tea and see for yourself.
For more, please check our post green tea health benefits.
How To Brew Green Tea?
For the best tasting green tea, we recommend you use 2 grams of tea leaves per 6 ounces of water. If you like stronger tea, feel free to add more.
- The optimum water temperature for green tea is 160 - 170* F (70 - 80* Celsius).
- Please note that green tea leaves expand and release their flavors, so a bigger cup or strainer is recommended. Please avoid strainers and cups made of plastic materials.
- After you have boiled water and added tea leaves, let it sit in the cup / kettle for 60 seconds, then taste every 30 seconds until you find your favorite taste combination.
Green Tea Shipping Times
We are proud to offer two great shipping methods that will suit everyone’s needs.
Flat Rate Shipping
- Great for people who are not in a hurry and want to save on even more for green tea. This method will take around 10 to 30 days to arrive.
- For everyone who wants to try our green tea as soon as possible, pick this method and get your tea in just 1 to 5 business days.
Please note: this excludes handling time, which is usually less than 24 hours. However, if there are certain situations beyond our control (such as the post office being closed) it may take up to 72 hours for your package to be shipped.
If you have changed your mind regarding the tea, you can return the unopened package to us and we will be more than happy to give you a refund. Please contact us (with your order number) to proceed with the request.
- Regular buyer here, few cents Review by Christopher Protegher
My little ones have gotten to the point where they’ll come up and watch me make it every morning just to see it in action, and I don’t blame them! My favorite part of it is the aroma though—I love the way it fills my whole kitchen with this wonderful jasmine scent.
Don’t get me wrong, the taste is amazing, but I’d brew entire pots of this just to get my house to smell that way all the time! (Posted on 9/23/2015)
- This is one of the best jasmine teas I have found at this price Review by Louie
Everything was as great as I could have hoped. I will definitely be recommending AiryTea and this blend in particular to all of my family and friends who are tea drinkers. (Posted on 9/23/2015)
- for the price, this is tasty Review by green smith
- I love green teas and this one is my new favorite Review by Green Tea Fan
- This tea is awesome! I’d never bought a “pearl” tea before—so I was a little bit surprised when this one arrived and it looked different from anything I’d seen before. However, the way the leaves unfurl when you put them in hot water is really interesting and the flavor is great, almost like jasmine. The smell was the best part though: light and floral, it made my whole kitchen smell like jasmine flowers! This is probably my favorite tea to drink in the spring time, the pretty yellow color and the light body are just so pleasant. If you buy it, just be aware that you will be hooked! (Posted on 8/10/2015)