White Peony (also known as Bai Mudan, Pai Mu Tan, Mutan White tea or Mudan White tea) is a white tea that is known for its rich flavor and great potency. Originating from Fujian Province in China, White Peony is produced by drying the plucked leaves in the sun and then baking them in a very gentle way. This is done to prevent them from breaking, which is an essential part of the process to ensure the highest possible quality.
Spring Organic - Imperial White Peony White Tea
Taste and Smell Profile
1. Flavor: Fresh, sweet, mellow, and grassy
2. Color: Yellowish
3. Smell: Floral and fruity
Tea Leaf Profile
4. Before Brewing: Long, brownish green with a hint of silver coating
5. After Brewing: Soft and dark
6. Tea Type: White Tea
8. Weight: 100g
9. Shelf Life: 18 months
Tea Storage Recommendation: Store it in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
Top 7 Organic Tea Health Benefits
What are the benefits of drinking organic green, white, black, herbal or any other tea? And why choose it over a non organic and slightly cheaper counterpart?
Here are the top 7 reasons:
1. Non Organic Tea May Cause Early Death
Do you know what’s inside your tea? It’s a well-known fact many individual farmers in foreign countries are notorious for using chemicals that are banned in the US or even their own countries.
For example, one of the insecticides that many non-organic tea farmers spray is DDT (dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane), which was banned in the US more than 70 years ago! It’s a toxic chemical that causes cancer. Unfortunately, some non organic tea farmers still use this chemical and there is no way to tell which ones unless you pay for extensive product examination.
2. Organic Tea Extends Your Lifespan
Top 10 White Tea Benefits
Unlike other leaves, white tea is not steamed (like green tea) or fermented (like black tea). Instead, it remains pretty much untouched, which means it also has the most grass like taste.
So what are the health benefits of this amazing and “raw” drink? Here are 10 of them.
1. White Tea Has a Lot of Antioxidants
While green tea also has the same types of antioxidants, white tea has so much more of them. Not only do they help to lower the cholesterol, they also reduce the risk of cancer.
What else do antioxidants do? They help to grow your hair, improve your blood levels, and boost your brain function.
2. It Has Antibacterial Properties
How To Brew White Tea?
- Bring water close to boiling point, but before it boils. The ideal water temperature for white tea is 170 - 180*F (75-82 C*).
- Add 2 teaspoons of leaves for a single cup of tea and pour water.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and taste. In case it is too weak, keep tasting every 1-2 minutes till you find the perfect taste for you.
- Drink it slowly and enjoy.
In order to provide the best possible experience, we offer three different shipping methods.
- On average, it takes 10 to 30 business days to receive a package, which is sent by registered air mail.
In addition to free shipping, there are two much faster alternatives:
- EMS, which will take 4 to 8 business days.
- FedEx / TNT / DHL, which will deliver your package within 1 to 4 business days.
Please note: this excludes handling time, which is usually less than 24 hours. However, if there are certain situations beyond our control (such as the post office being closed) it may take up to 72 hours for your package to be shipped.
If you have changed your mind regarding the tea, you can return the unopened package to us and we will be more than happy to give you a refund. Please contact us (with your order number) to proceed with the request.
- Best tea if you haven't tasted white tea before Review by Freya O.
I ordered this white peony tea almost on a whim, and wow! It’s so pleasant. It’s light, it’s mellow, it’s slightly sweet, and it is just so refreshing, I can’t get over it. Recommended to all my friends and family, I can’t get enough of it. (Posted on 9/23/2015)
- A+++ Review by Donna Sharon
- Stop drinking tea full of pesticides! Get this one Review by Organic tea madman